Herb Garden Planning: Our first meeting will be Tuesday, March 26th at 1:30 pm at the RCE office in Hunterdon. If you can attend this meeting, contact Rebecca Magron, at magron@NJAES.Rutgers.edu.
“Growing Lives One Seed at a Time” is a unique garden pilot initiative involving the partnership of Rotary International and Rutgers University and its Entities in 5 counties throughout Central New Jersey. The partnership is committed to focusing on providing opportunities for accommodating a broad spectrum of audiences, with varying and diverse limitations, ages, and abilities via Enabling Gardens. The partnership will plan, design, introduce, and implement Enabling Garden Spaces, which by definition are growing environments that invite and permit participation by various individuals or groups.
Who can benefit? People of all ages at any stage of life.
No one should be denied the benefits of working with plants
Anyone can be successful with plants on some level
Successes with plants can lead to other successes in our lives
Plants are universally appealing: They are part of the human experience at a very early age
Goals may vary between populations and between individuals
The mission of Rotary International is to assist and guide Rotarians and Rotary clubs to accomplish the Object of Rotary to ensure Rotary’s continuing relevance and to help build a better world, emphasizing service activities by individuals and groups that enhance the quality of life and human dignity, encouraging high ethical standards, and creating greater understanding among all people to advance the search for peace in the world.
The Rotary 4-Way Test
Of the things we think, say or do:
1st: Is it the Truth?
2nd: Is it Fair to all concerned?
3rd: Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4th: Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
1) Through Club Service, we have fun, build lasting friendships, and make sure that our club runs well.
2) Through Vocational Service, we volunteer our professional skills to serve others and promote integrity in everything we do.
3) Through Community Service, we address local needs and work with our community to bring lasting improvements.
4) Through International Service, we meet humanitarian needs around the globe and promote world understanding and peace.
5) Through New Generations Service, we work with young people to help them become the next generation of leaders, visionaries, and peacemakers.