The Rotary eClub Engages in Service to Support the Safe Harbor Shelter
In January and February of 2017, the Rotary eClub is collecting items needed for the Safe Harbor Shelter, located in Easton, PA. Safe Harbor is in need of many items to help the hundreds of homeless men & woman who use their shelter each week. Items can be purchased or donated from your items around the house.
Safe Harbor Easton is dedicated to empowering and educating homeless men and women, and to helping them to achieve a better way of life. To that end, we provide safe, secure housing and case management for all clients. It is our mission to see that everyone who comes to us is given the means and opportunity to live a life of fulfillment and recovery.
The mission of Rotary International is to assist and guide Rotarians and Rotary clubs to accomplish the Object of Rotary to ensure Rotary’s continuing relevance and to help build a better world, emphasizing service activities by individuals and groups that enhance the quality of life and human dignity, encouraging high ethical standards, and creating greater understanding among all people to advance the search for peace in the world.
The Rotary 4-Way Test
Of the things we think, say or do:
1st: Is it the Truth?
2nd: Is it Fair to all concerned?
3rd: Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4th: Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
1) Through Club Service, we have fun, build lasting friendships, and make sure that our club runs well.
2) Through Vocational Service, we volunteer our professional skills to serve others and promote integrity in everything we do.
3) Through Community Service, we address local needs and work with our community to bring lasting improvements.
4) Through International Service, we meet humanitarian needs around the globe and promote world understanding and peace.
5) Through New Generations Service, we work with young people to help them become the next generation of leaders, visionaries, and peacemakers.