Dr. James Yarmus, one of our recent members, has been a Rotarian since 1983. We are lucky to have Dr. Yarmus bring his Rotary experience to the Rotary eClub of 7510 Horizon. He participates in CADRE, a group of Rotarians who monitor projects for our Rotary Foundation worldwide. Below is a picture of a trip he took to Honduras.
The mission of Rotary International is to assist and guide Rotarians and Rotary clubs to accomplish the Object of Rotary to ensure Rotary’s continuing relevance and to help build a better world, emphasizing service activities by individuals and groups that enhance the quality of life and human dignity, encouraging high ethical standards, and creating greater understanding among all people to advance the search for peace in the world.
The Rotary 4-Way Test
Of the things we think, say or do:
1st: Is it the Truth?
2nd: Is it Fair to all concerned?
3rd: Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4th: Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
1) Through Club Service, we have fun, build lasting friendships, and make sure that our club runs well.
2) Through Vocational Service, we volunteer our professional skills to serve others and promote integrity in everything we do.
3) Through Community Service, we address local needs and work with our community to bring lasting improvements.
4) Through International Service, we meet humanitarian needs around the globe and promote world understanding and peace.
5) Through New Generations Service, we work with young people to help them become the next generation of leaders, visionaries, and peacemakers.