The Rotary eClub of Hunterdon Horizon Supports America’s Grow-a-Row with an annual Harvest. We participated in 2013 and 2014.
Rotary Member Marie Ande and family participating in 2014 Harvest, Pittstown NJ.
America’s Grow-a-Row’s mission is to positively impact as many lives as possible through a volunteer effort of planting, picking, rescuing, and delivering free fresh produce. At America’s Grow-a-Row we:
- Provide fresh, healthy produce to those in need
- Educate people of all generations about hunger and ways to help
- Introduce our youth to farming and healthy eating
- Cultivate in tomorrow’s leaders the habit of giving back
- Contribute to the sustainability of agriculture.
We are currently without a chair of this volunteer project. To learn more about Grow-a-Row volunteer opportunities, check out this link. Planting and harvesting opportunities are available. Any member is welcome to step forward and coordinate a day of volunteering! Email email@example.com, and
Nicole Voigt and Sean and Wyatt Jaeger Harvesting, Fall 2014, Pittstown NJ.
Christine Curnan, Nicole Voigt, and Wyatt Jaeger, harvesting tomatoes for those in need, Pittstown, NJ, 2014.